Home Safety Tips
The following are tips that can help you avoid becoming a victim of a crime when you are out and about, or working at your job.
- Don't leave your house open, when you are not in home.
- Before engaging domestic worker, verify her antecedents.
- Give Details of your domestic workers to your local Police-station.
- Don't allow any unknown person to enter in your house.
- Open the door after confirmation of identity of person.
- Have a proper hole in your front door, so that you can identify the person before opening the door.
- Have a chain lock inside your front door so that you can partially open the door and verify the stranger before opening the door.
- Try to install CCTV camera in hidden place inside of your house so that it can cover the entrances. Don't discuss it with outsiders.
- Don't write about your movement in status updating social networking sites (Like Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Keep phone number of your local police and control room of your district administration in your mobile phone.
If Someone Tries To Rob You
- Report the crime to the police. Try to describe the attacker accurately. Your actions can help prevent others from becoming victims.
Basic Street Sense
- Wherever you are - on the street, in an office building or shopping mall, driving, waiting for a bus or subway - stay alert and tuned in to your surroundings.
- Send the message that you're calm, confident, and know where you're going.
- Trust your instincts. If something or someone makes you uneasy, avoid the person or leave.
- Think ahead and plan your journey, avoiding deserted areas In the dark, always stick to well-lit areas.
- If you think you are being followed, cross the road.
- If you start to be frightened, try not to panic. Always try to think around situations.